Monday, February 23, 2009

Negative Feedback

Many readers of this blog have expressed their feelings by e-mail, instead of using the comment feature. I have chosen not to copy and paste them as comments. My only hope is, in the future, your responses would be posted in the comment forum.

It does not matter if they are negative or positive. I will publish those just the way they are sent, without editing.

It seems the e-mails all have been negative. To paraphrase a majority of them, people have said this blog is too depressing to read. That is fine, if you feel that way, although, I have taken strides to cover a variety of topics. I will continue to express my opinions regarding current events. If they are heavy handed, well, so be it.

Often, current events are not happy go lucky topics to discuss. The political scene can be depressing, but should be brought to light, as the decisions these clowns are making will affect the future our great, great grandchildren.

On a much more light-hearted note, Sunday’s Flint Journal reported former Flint mayor “The Don” Williamson has asked for his $500,000 salary to be paid in full. So much for our dollar-a-year mayor. He undoubtedly will go down in Flint history as one of the wackiest mayors ever to hold office.

May the good Lord have mercy on us if he were to ever be elected Governor of Michigan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not everyone is going to be 100% happy with what you have to say. I for one enjoy reading your bloggs and most of the time agree with what you have to say. Keep up the GREAT work. As far as the Great Don Williamson, I'd say the man is a little bit strange. It was during his campaign that he expressed--vote for me and I won't take any money while in office. We'll they had to settle for one dollar. Years later, now that he has retired, the man is asking for $500,000 that the city probably just doesn't have. What's next Mr Williamson. We've seen what he and the wife can do for the community. Buy a dealership and leave it empty. That could be a subject for another day. Stay in retirement. I'm sure some charity could probably put your little white elephants to some use. Even though I don't live in Flint, I do pay taxes for working in the city, so therefore I will express my thoughts on the DON.