Friday, January 9, 2009

Friday’s Rambling

A friend and avid reader of this blog recently gave me a Rick Edelman book titled “The Lies About Money.” This book, which I had the pleasure reading, is filled with a variety of common sense tips regarding your finances. Now, having stated that fact, I must confess reading economic-related books is not easy for me.

A majority of the time, it reads similar to how the teacher sounds on the Charlie Brown cartoons, “WaWah Wah Wa Wah.” I highly urge you to read this no-nonsense, easy to understand book about your money and how it should be working for you.

Have you noticed the biggest rip-off in this country is not Bernie Madoff. However, it’s what happens at the gas pumps every time the world is in a tizzy. How that translates into raising prices, of already paid for gasoline in the tanks under each station, by as much as $.40 per gallon overnight, is a true scam.

You can understand why traders become nervous, which causes oil and gas futures (that’s the keyword) to rise. Can the American middle class catch a break? Congress should form a million dollar panel to investigate this scam, instead of squandering millions (billions) on other non entities.

Speaking of uneasy moments in time, there are reports that Saudi Arabia is one of the major contributors to Hamas. You remember Hamas – the terrorist organization which takes pleasure in blowing up things, people and property in the name of religious freedom. My wonderment comes from the fact that Saudi Arabia is heavily involved with the financial support. I’ll give you one guess as to where the Saudis acquired all that money from (Mmmm).

Finally, I would like to take this opportunity to thank radio personality Mr. Dave Elliot, a close friend who graciously posted my blog site on his FM Talk Show site. Dave and I go back further than either one wants to admit. You can stream his show live, daily from 3-6 p.m., at (www.daveontheair.com). That’s 98.9 WGUF if you are traveling in the Naples, Fla. Area. Give him a buzz; his show is always topical and well-informed.

Way to go GATORS!

Next week – medical issues from my point of view.

Blood Pressure Normal

No comments: